[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Amaroth • View topic - Copyright rules
homehomehome
leftWikiForumChatroomhomeBibliotheekAcademieAtlasright
bottom
It is currently Mon 10 Aug 2020, 01:10

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Copyright rules
PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep 2012, 11:28 
Soldier
Soldier

As you all know, I have transmitted a lot of stuff from Dutch to English and one of the things were the rules. I have been reading them and I wanted to ask a question about the following one:

11.9: If a user chooses not to take part in Amaroth anymore, Amaroth retains the right to use works created by him/her. This rule remains true when the user was removed for valid reasons.

This is a rule that's part of the following one:

11.5: Every user who performs an artistic work for Amaroth keeps the copyright to the work in question. However, this right has certain conditions, which are outlined and elaborated upon in 11.6 to 11.10.

My question about rule 11.9 is, does this rule apply to only artistic work or also written work?

If it is only for artistic work, I want to propose to expand the rule to also written work. We have had a lot of members, who deleted all there posts when they left. It's kinda irritating. With this rule we could prevent it...

What do you guys say? Uly, Rhynn?

Post subject: Re: Copyright rules
PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep 2012, 11:31 
Guard
Guard

I am nor Uly nor Rhynn, yet I think that it is a good idea to expand this rule that it also covers the written work. yet I am just a regular member so I dont know how much I have to say in this matter. just thought to let my opinion be known.

PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep 2012, 11:59 
Creation-team
Creation-team

In a way, "artistic work" covers both illustrations and written pieces, as written stuff is basically artistic work as well. So it does, in fact, cover what we want it to cover.

But I can see how that is confusing. It'd be a good idea to make the rule clear enough to reflect the intention.

Valar Morghulis.

PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep 2012, 12:05 
Soldier
Soldier

I thought that as well.. but it wouldn't hurt to make this clear...

I would rather not see cases like Lios and Arty again.. If this is clear, we could just forbid them :V

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2012, 17:16 
The Fearsome
The Fearsome

* appears out of nowhere!

Let me jump in real quick here. When i first wrote that rule, it did indeed apply to both artistic and written work, and i'm quite sure Liam and Artian (did he delete his posts too? i missed that incident :p) were aware of the rule when they deleted their posts. If you want to enforce the rule, you should take away the members' ability to delete (or edit) their posts, or set some system into place that backs up those posts. :p
Those things seem quite hard to me.

kind regards
Bytas

PS: expect me to hang around in the shadows around here a bit again.^^ :flirt:

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2012, 17:21 
Soldier
Soldier

"real quick" *changes definition of real quick :V

But seriously.. yes thought about the delete and edit post.. but that's not fair for other members.. I'm using the edit button a lot. Don't know how to make a back up.. maybe does Rhynn? Don't know a solution for now.. so we have to deal with it. Maybe we can do something about it later..

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2012, 18:05 
Admin
Admin

The only way of really backing it up without going very complicated, is by making sure stuff gets added to the wiki (and perhaps a huge backup word file somewhere; I recommend Google Docs for this with only the necessary people having access) ASAP.

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2012, 20:34 
The Fearsome
The Fearsome

That google drive document seems like a very good idea in the short run, but i think it would quickly get messy when the amount of content gets bigger :p
Wiki seems like the only solid option here.

PostPosted: Mon 08 Oct 2012, 13:14 
Guard
Guard

you could indeed maek a hidden section on the wiki where the "original" posts are stored.
there are other ways, but a hidden wiki section is the easiest

Vraag jezelf niet af waarom het vroeger beter was dan nu. Het getuigt van weinig wijsheid als je daarnaar vraagt. (Prediker 7:10)