[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Amaroth • View topic - The Order of the Swordsmen of Pride
homehomehome
leftWikiForumChatroomhomeBibliotheekAcademieAtlasright
bottom
It is currently Sat 31 Oct 2020, 20:20

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat 22 Dec 2012, 17:40 
Guard
Guard

hey people, here is the general history of the order:

The Order of Swordsmen of Pride was founded around 546 a.d. when three swordsmen didn’t agree with the way the king of Avaren acted. Those were Lysenn the Holy, Telric the dwarf and Lenora the Phoenix. These named were known as promising young swordsmen.

They decided to write a Code with the rules to whom each of them and future members had to swear allegiance. They wrote it and all swore allegiance to it. By that time there were five of them. The Code was edited a few times after that, to take out contradictions and inconsistencies.
The number of members grew slowly yet steadily over the years and their main rule of the Code “The only things we are loyal to in this life are the Code itself and our Swords” also reached the ears of the then king of Avaren. He got mad and paranoia of this news because the Order consisted only of strong swordsmen and since they wouldn’t swear loyalty to him they could turn against him. Therefore the king decided to declare all members of the Order, present and future ones, outlaws. Moreover, the bounties on the leaders’ heads became so high that they were the main assassination target of each bounty hunter in Avaren.

The time after that many assassins died. Not under suspicious circumstances though. They were sliced in halve, impaled, beheaded or just ordinary slain. All because they wanted the high bounty on the head of one of the leaders of the Order. A rough estimation of how many assassins were still alive concluded that their numbers halved in a little more than two years. The assassins weren’t the only people who were found dead after an order member stayed at the place where the bodies were found. Countless soldiers, commanders and law enforcers were found at those places without any bit of life left in them. Once in a while a member was arrested and interrogated, without any result. Many were tortured but the members rarily spoke at all, once captured. Even the executions didn’t convince even a single member to give up the Order, or sell information about it.

The king, and later the new king kept being frustrated about the failures of their army to get hold of one of the leaders of the order. When they finally captured Lenora the Phoenix in 586 a.d. the joy was great. But it didn’t last long. She didn’t speak, she stayed silent throughout all torture and even when they threatened to cut her up piece by piece with her own sword she didn’t say a word. The king didn’t want to risk a public execution because of the chance of a liberation try of the Order and ordered to lock her up in the deepest parts of the prison. There she was rotting away speaking only two words: Shesa Konigsberg. Everyone believed she turned mad. The woman that many men claimed to have critically wounded, but who appeared right in front of them the next day with barely a scratch. Lenora died in 588 a.d..
The king ordered to burn her as a demon, all in accordance with the Daulian church, but before the fire was even lighted her body was already taken by a group of Order swordsmen, along with her sword.

The king aimed even more on the elimination of all members of the Order, without many successes. Not only began soldier to say that they rather be executed as a traitor then being slaughtered in a hopeless mission to get a hold on a member of the Order, but also the advisors of the king said that if he continued hunting them he soon wouldn’t have any army left to defend Avaren. The king knew this was true, yet he couldn’t let the subject rest yet. The hunt continued and the was overjoyed to hear in 599a.d. that also Telric the Dwarf had died in an ambush set up by the army. This happiness lasted exactly seven seconds after hearing that he took with him to the bottom of a ravine fifteen soldiers, a colonel and two generals. The king couldn’t hold it any longer and sent all forces he could afford to find and kill Lysenn the Holy. Without success. No-one could kill Lysenn and nobody would. He died of high age in 628 a.d. at an age of 104. researchers still wonder why he could become this old. Moreover, why he until a few weeks before his death still was able to fight and beat everyone that crossed his path.

The king, happy that the founders all died and angry because they had to watch him die due to high age, became even more angry when he heard that the Royal Guard ordered to find the base of the Order and the graves of the founders, had al been slain and their dead bodies were dropped off at the southern gate of Konigsberg. This made the king to decide that all bounties on Order-members were to be doubled.

PostPosted: Sat 22 Dec 2012, 18:16 
Soldier
Soldier

It looks great!

I would like you to give the king a name. Also some things could be more detailed, like the attack wich caused 15 deaths. I am wondering why they had to be killed. So some reasons would be great.

Also I would really apreciate if you could give some more information about their code. But you already said you would write something about that, so that should be fine :)

PostPosted: Sun 23 Dec 2012, 17:44 
Soldier
Soldier

It looks good vips. I have only some major things. It is quite a piece of text already, however it is only a little history about the founding and some more.

I like to know more about the Order, like the code as Lavinia already said. But also about the whereabouts of the members. You could tell some more about what they do in the empire. Maybe about the connection between the SPD and Order like said in the RP.

You made a great start with this article, but it looks just like a start. Don't see this wrong, because it means that I like to see more.

Going faster than the speed of light isn't possible. That would mean you could go to a place in time. And at that time you wouldn´t be born, but still would be at that place.

PostPosted: Sun 23 Dec 2012, 17:59 
Guard
Guard

duck, that is just the point I wanted to make. I am far from finished
this was just to gave a first impression

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan 2013, 16:17 
Soldier
Soldier

It's on the wiki; http://www.amaroth.org/wiki/index.php?t ... n_of_Pride

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan 2013, 18:17 
Soldier
Soldier

Oh just for listing; the things I want you to write about;

- the codex
- headquarters - organisation/communication
- recruiting
- Lysenn the Holy, Telric the dwarf and Lenora the Phoenix
- hierarchy of the order

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:48 
Creation-team
Creation-team

Looks like you completely nailed the history-part of the article, well done. It's thorough and the dates add up.

Lav's to-do list for you is accurate, and it'd be great if you could adress all those points. One thing in particular I would like to find out is how the Swordsmen of Pride are so fiercely loyal to their order. As far as I can see here it seems the Order promotes anarchy by denying fealty to anyone but themselves and the Code is just some rules to interact with others. What makes the code so appealing to swordsmen from both the Avarian Kingdoms and the Empire? Why are they so loyal to their leaders? What makes it... well... an Order? There must be some goal or ideal, or something must be very appealing in that code of theirs. I'd like you to consider those things when you write about the Code.

Valar Morghulis.

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:23 
Guard
Guard

First, Uly, glad to know you are not dead
Second, I'll put it in the code article
Third, If my writers block is gone

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jan 2013, 19:08 
Creation-team
Creation-team

Why not try and break trough it by making a short story about it, for example? A meeting between the Founders about one thing or another. Just start writing somewhere and see where you'll end up. And if it's not useful for the article you still have done something productive.

Valar Morghulis.