[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Amaroth • View topic - Avaren
homehomehome
leftWikiForumChatroomhomeBibliotheekAcademieAtlasright
bottom
It is currently Sat 31 Oct 2020, 20:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Avaren
PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec 2012, 01:22 
Soldier
Soldier

I thought; why isn't there any descripition of Avaren? So I began to make one :D You can see the result below. I am still wrestling with the climate part. I think I need some more knowledge.. So can you guys please help me with the climate information? I don't know the names etc and don't really know how to explain it. It doesn't have to be a big part, because this is just a general article and not a specific one. We could always make another one with specific information.

Avaren is the most western empire at the continent of Auralis. It's a kingdom which is divided in 33 counties. The whole country consists of circa 1.654.500 km2 land. In the west and south Avaren borders to the sea, in the north to desert land and in the east to [[the Empire]]. Around 45 million people live in Avaren. Around 80-85% of the people are living on the countryside. The capital of the kingdom is [[Kingsmountain]]. Avaren was created as a kingdom in 403 [[a.d.]] because of war with the Empire. Before 403 a.d. former Avaren consisted different smaller kingdoms, which were in an almost continuous state of war with eachother. The kingdom is mostly known for their export products like the wines from [[Meraley]] and the draperies from [[Riveko]]. Also is Avaren known for its fine warships, its universities (especially the University of Nicj) and its form of government.

==Etymology==
The name 'Avaren' has been given to the residual 30 kingdoms together during the [[Unification of Avaren]] in 403 a.d..

==Geography==
Roughly Avaren consists 1.654.500 km land. On two sides the country is surrounded with water. The counties [[Rucara]] and [[Vyalae]] are forming a peninsula and therefore are on three sides surrounded by water. Avaren consists different landschapes. In the west the ground is flat. Roughly in the middle of the country there are more hills, which change in mountains far in the east. Two big rivers, the [[Berma and the [[Lyssa]], are running through the land of Avaren. Another one, the [[Malon]], forms a part of the eastern borderline. The mountain range [[Inealeth Reach]] forms the other part of the eastern borderline. The climate of Avaren varies. At the coast there is a sea-climate. In the south it's mostly cold. In the north it's warm.

[[category:Auralis]]

Post subject: Re: Avaren
PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec 2012, 17:44 
Soldier
Soldier

Have written another part. Don't know how much to say about the history of Avaren.. do you guys have some other ideas?

==History==
The kingdom of Avaren came into being during the Unification of Avaren in 403 a.d.. Before 403 a.d. the area which became Avaren consisted different kingdoms. The 31 kingdoms were in a continuous war against each other and the Empire. In the area outside the land now called Avaren were another 7 kingdoms. These were also in a continuous state of war and can be seen as a part of the former area of kingdoms. Because they were conquered by the Empire in 403 a.d. and there wasn't any change to conquer these area's back in short time, these 7 kingdoms aren't a part of the kingdom of Avaren.

==Religion==
The common religion in Avaren is [[the Faith]]. All people in Avaren are worshipping this religion. The doctrine of the faith is represented by two institutions; the Salan and the Baruch. The Salan is the institution which is connected with Daul, one of the Gods which are worshipped by the Faith. The Baruch is connected with Mork, the other God which is worshipped by the Faith. There is slightly a struggle between the Salan and the Baruch. The Salan has more active followers as the Baruch, but this doesn't mean that this followers don't recognise the existence of Mork. The struggle is in which God should be worshipped more. The Faith is based on the idea of the existence of two Gods; Daul and Mork. Daul represents light, the sun, wisdom, justice and preservation. Mork is his counterpart; he represents darkness, shadow, the moon, cunning, science and progress. But they don't represent good or evil! Next to the common interconnecting factor, the Faith means for the people of Avaren a moral guide. The Faith takes also care for the poorest and are giving advice to the ones who are in need for it.

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec 2012, 18:00 
Soldier
Soldier

I guess writing over the history of Avaren is a hard thing to do as long the counties and duchies aren't finished. Because the history of Avaren will depend also on the histories of the counties and duchies. Of course some history, like you all ready wrote down, is known already and doesn't really depend on the counties and duchies.

Also something else. First you say Avaren consists of 33 counties, later on it is 31 Kingdoms that formed Avaren. Is the difference of two, the number of reconquered land? Maybe you could tell something about that.

Going faster than the speed of light isn't possible. That would mean you could go to a place in time. And at that time you wouldn´t be born, but still would be at that place.

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec 2012, 18:23 
Soldier
Soldier

No that is because Vyrahel has been divided in two (Meraley and Leros) and because Aden is divided in two (Havenaden and Ulvenaden). So if we talk about the kingdoms, it's about 31 kingdoms and if you talk about counties you talk about 33 counties. Maybe I should put that in somewhere in the history .. If I am right, it's already in the part about the Unification.

PostPosted: Mon 31 Dec 2012, 18:48 
Soldier
Soldier

The first part about the goverment. I still want to write something about the actions of the government. What do they decide and what do the individual counties and duchies decide.

==Government==
Avaren is governed by a consitutional monarchy. The monarch is the king (or in some cases the queen) of Avaren, who is assisted by [[the Council of Illumination]]. The Council of Illumination is a gathering of representatives of the different duchies and counties in Avaren. These representatives are fulltime present in Koningsberg. The representatives are mostly members of the most important houses of the counties and duchies. The Council is used by the counties to get more influence. For example, the representatives are using the council to make descisions in the advantages of their own county. Inside the Council there is a continuous strife to improve their patriarchs individual politcal position and wealth. As a result, the political games between the counts and dukes are played at the court of the Council, and the players aren’t the patriarchs themselves, but their scions in Konigsberg.

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan 2013, 18:31 
Soldier
Soldier

Another small part about the Government. I think we need a book of law :V

The king and the Council are responsible for making descisions about the foreign politics, internal conflicts, army, the governance of Konigsberg, national taxes and general matters of the kingdom. The goverment of the individual counties is done by the counties selve. This means that laws differ throughout the kingdom. However there are some laws which are general for the whole kingdom. These laws are about rights of the nobility and of the common people.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:21 
Soldier
Soldier

The whole part about the climates of Avaren is finished. Can you please read to confirm?

===North===
The counties [[Riveko]], [[Iln]], [[Arnara]], [[Sileth]], [[Hajera]] and [[Lynmeon]] are part of the north of Avaren. These counties do have a subtropical climate. The average temperature is between 20 and 40 degrees. The winters are warm and the summers are hot. Rainfall varies enormously through the year. The months Turan, Emeran and Olivan are considered the raining season. Around the sea, it's mostly humid.

===East===
The eastern counties are [[Beranela]] and [[Yuroka]]. The counties are very hilly because of the Inealath Reach which western foothills lie in Beranela and Yuroka. Both big rivers start in the eastern part of Avaren. The weather is mostly harsh in the eastern parts of both counties. In the mountains it's mostly cold with permanent snow. In the valleys the climate is milder. The winters are cold with much snow in the eastern and western parts of the counties. In the summer the climate is moderate. The average temperature is around 22 degrees in the summer and 0 degrees in the winter. Differences between summer temperatures are very noticeable. In the eastern parts it’s much colder than in the western parts.

===South===
The southern counties are [[Nimaya]], [[Firayla]], [[Havenaden]], [[Ulvenaden]], [[Kajadish]], [[Thar]], [[Icura]], [[Anai]], [[Xes]] and [[Cilara]]. The further south you go, the colder the temperatures are in general. In these counties, the summers are cool, with an average temperature of 12 degrees. The winters are cold with temperatures mostly below zero.

===West===
The west of Avaren is formed by the counties [[Zalineka]], [[Nicj]], [[Nenaka]], [[Alenark]], [[Semaka]], [[Rucara]] and [[Vyalae]]. They all have a sea-climate, which means that the summers are cool and the winters are mild. Temperatures are varying from -5 degrees in the winter till 20 degrees in the summer. Rain is a common feature. There are a lot of grasslands in these counties.

===Centre===
At last the counties in the centre of Avaren: [[Avelia]], [[Deroman]], [[Maetranarch]], [[Ixinar]], [[Leros]], [[Meraley]], [[Aquinasko]] and [[Ersenai]]. These are the warmer counties, which are mostly depending on a land-climate. Deroman and Maetranarch do have hot summers and harsh winters. The more northern counties have a more regular warm climate. The climate is more soft there. Temperatures vary from -15 degrees in the winter (mostly in Deroman and Maetranarch) till 30 degrees in the summer.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Feb 2013, 16:44 
Creation-team
Creation-team

I don't really now for sure, but wouldn't the centre county's have a seaclimate to? They are not that far from the sea right?

De ananas is wel duur!

PostPosted: Sun 24 Feb 2013, 18:08 
Soldier
Soldier

As you can read, my thoughts were that Deroman and Maetranarch would certainly have a landclimate. Just look at the map. But the more northern counties are warmer and yes nearer to the sea. I don't know which climate that would be.. we have said it would be like France.. but don't know which climate France has..

PostPosted: Sun 24 Feb 2013, 22:17 
Creation-team
Creation-team

France has a sea climate, except for the Mediterranean part, which, well, has a Mediterranean climate.

Here is a map: http://www.site-similarity-certificatio ... _zones.jpg

De ananas is wel duur!