[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Amaroth • View topic - [WIP] County of Nimaya, County of the Grazing Animal
homehomehome
leftWikiForumChatroomhomeBibliotheekAcademieAtlasright
bottom
It is currently Sat 31 Oct 2020, 20:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun 17 Feb 2013, 13:13 
Worker
Worker

It isn't much yet, But i'm working on it :3
1. General information:

Official Name before 403 AD: Kingdom of Nimaya, Kingdom of the Grazing Animal
Official Name after Unification: County of Nimaya, County of the Grazing animal
Capital: Ferre
Ruler’s title: Count of Nimaya, From Anemos to Limenos, From Tuli to Latum
Ruling family: The Thanle Family
Main agriculture products: Meat, Leather, Milk
Number of Cities: 5
Amount of Citizens: 1.879.000
Biggest City: Ferre

2.1 Cities: Nimaya has five real cities, We'll talk about these in this section.

2.1.1 Ferre:
Ferre is the capital and the biggest city of Nimaya. It has a tactical location on an island in the middle of the Kanai river. It has about 190.000 inhabitants. The Thanle family lives in Ferre, and monopolizes all of the trade in the area. Ferre is the richest city in whole Nimaya, and doesn't have a single slum.
Ferre is well known for it's cattle auction every summer. Merchants from all over the world come to sell and buy cattle. It's said that the best cattle in Avaren is sold in Ferre. Not only cattle, but also other items are sold, mostly rare herbs. There are Four bridges to the Island of Ferre, two to the Northern part of the island, and two to the Southern part, and also has a ferry on both sides. Ferre has a strong policy against slums, and the ground around and in Ferre is really expensive, making it unable for poor people to live there.

2.1.2 Limenos:
Limenos is the second biggest city of Nimaya. It has about 200.000 inhabitants, but it's still smaller than Ferre. It's smaller because most of the districts are slums. It has a tactical location on an island in the middle of the Kanai river's delta. It has the biggest port of Nimaya, making it twice as big as Ferre's. There's a lot of piracy in this area, because all ships who have to go to Ferre, have to pass Limenos. The black market also is pretty big. Most people have more than 5 children, and the average age of dieing is 47,7. The surrounding area mainly consists of bogs and swamps, making it unable for cattle to be held, makes it a popular peat-digging area.

2.1.3 Anemos:

2.1.4 Tuli:

2.1.5 Latum:

2.2 Nature, Climate and Landscape

2.3 Other

2.3.1 Ferre's cattle Market:
Ferre's cattle market is a Huge market, where cattle from all over the world is sold. Almost all of the cattle is stored in huge meadows outside of Ferre, and every seller can rent one. These meadows are all on Ferre's island, Surrounding the city. Two weeks before the cattle market starts, Ferre starts getting busier, because all of the merchants want the best inns and meadows for their cattle. (i have to go now, will work on this later)

Last edited by martijn1202 on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 17 Feb 2013, 17:45 
Soldier
Soldier

Looking great ! I have to see if the numbers of people are alright.. but you will hear that from me. If you're saying their are rare items sold in Ferre, I want to know what... xD Nimaya isn't a big tradecounty.. so you can't say that their are a lot of rare items from far countries sold in Nimaya.. Also, I think it's fine you have a port etc. But also keep in mind that Nimaya isn't a seacounty.. So you can't have a fleet etc. Other counties do have these things.

You're really doing an amazing job! Keep working :D

PostPosted: Sun 17 Feb 2013, 17:51 
Worker
Worker

Thank you very much!
I was also thinking that there were a little bit too much people living in the cities, so if there are too much, i have no problem changing them. About the rare items, Mostly rare herbs, as you suggested in the chat! :)

PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb 2013, 18:00 
Soldier
Soldier

Yes comments...

First of all, Nice start. And it is good to know that more people are willing to work for amaroth.

Comments...: I am wondering about a couple of things. Ferre is a very rich city, so it attract a lot of people. Especially poor people, cause they will think it is gonna be better in the city then at country side. So it is really unlikely that we won't find slums around Ferre. Except when you have a strong policy against slums...

secondly about the cattle auction. I have some practical objections. Transporting a lot of cattle over the rivers wouldn't be really safe I guess and expensive.

Guess that was it already.

Hope to see more soon

Going faster than the speed of light isn't possible. That would mean you could go to a place in time. And at that time you wouldn´t be born, but still would be at that place.

PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb 2013, 19:55 
Soldier
Soldier

I don't think that Ferre is that big.. At least, not in Avaren. I think we need more explanation about the society to know how much people would be poor and therefore live in the city.

PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb 2013, 20:11 
Creation-team
Creation-team

Transport using a river is actually quite safe and fast for cattle.
One, it couldn't escape, since it is on a boat(you would have to encase them off course, but with transport on land, this is even harder)
Two, you could travel day and night, unless you would use a (for the lack of a better word), in which case you would need a horse that would need rest.
I could give you some numbers, a cow walks with 0.8 to 1 m/s, a trekschuit has a speed of 7 km/h. I guess a normal riverboat has a comparable speed.

Off course, someone could sink your boat, but you could also get problems with other types of transport.

De ananas is wel duur!

PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:01 
Soldier
Soldier

Going faster than the speed of light isn't possible. That would mean you could go to a place in time. And at that time you wouldn´t be born, but still would be at that place.

PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:52 
Soldier
Soldier

Maybe there are bridges? Could imagine that. Also, that merchants from all over the world are coming for cattle doesn't mean that there are many of them. Most of the people in Avaren aren't gonna travel a lot for their cattle. So, you have to imagine that this will be much rich people or people of Nimaya selve and maybe the neighbour counties.

So far i know, Nimaya is a cattle land.. so I imagine that the animals wouldn't come by boat, but just run. I have never heard of pirates stealing cattle.. would be messy to transport them from one ship to another :V

But all together, you guys are making problems of things we don't yet know :V So thank you for your input, but please wait till Martijn has written something more and than we can speak of the details! I imagine that Martijn will think dubble now over these parts xD

PostPosted: Thu 21 Feb 2013, 10:17 
Worker
Worker

Thanks for all the comments! I've been away for two days, and suddenly Five new comments! I'll try and work on all of these things!